Motor Vehicle Parts Preservation Procedure
1. The spare parts shall be transferred for preservation treatment after they have passed on-receipt inspection and after necessary extra treatment; openings leading to their interior having been blanked off. The transferred articles shall be clean, dry, without corrosion and heated up to the in-door air temperature. The in-door air temperature shall be maintained at not less than 15°С; the relative humidity, not more than 70%.
2. Preservation stages:
- cleaning of surfaces that shall be treated
- protective lubricant application
- preventing lubricant from spreading out
- packing into a plastic or polyethylene bag or cover
The interval between preservation stages shall not exceed 2 hours.
3. Metal surfaces to be treated for preservation shall be cleaned by cloth dampened with No. 646 solvent; then washed by clean cloth dampened with solvent petroleum spirit; then further wiped dry by cotton napkins or cloth.
4. There shall be applied liquid or grease preservation lubricants.
4.1. The liquid lubricants shall be applied on simple-form surfaces when the lubricant can be prevented from spreading out by laying on of a condenser paper; or then the part is small in which case the packing bag does not exceed 30 cm.
The mix of I-12A (or I-20A) industrial oil with 15% of ANKOR-1 additive or with 3% of M1 antirust agent shall be used as a liquid preservation lubricant.
Medium-sized parts shall be immersed for 0.5-1 minute into an oil bath heated up to 40-50°С and further left aside for 2––5 minutes for an excess of oil to drain.
Lubricants containing M-antirust agent shall be sprayed over large simple-form surfaces. In such case up to 10% of kerosene may be added to the oil for thinning.
4.2. The cannon grease (or PP-95\5 grease), IVVS-OR composition (inhibited water-based composition) or the following mixtures may be used as a grease:
- 70% of SOLIDOL-S with 30% of K-17 oil
- 20% of the cannon grease (or PP-95\5) with 80% of K-17 oil
It is preferred that the cannon-grease based and IVVS-OR-based mixtures shall be applied; other above greases shall be used for preservation of less critical surfaces of the spare parts when the goods are transported in a container with no further open-air storage.
Up to 10% of deionized (distilled) water may be added to IVVS-OR for large spare parts to be easily coated.
Greased lubricant shall be applied by a brush, or medium-sized parts shall be immersed for 0.5-1 minute into a greased lubricant bath heated up to 80—100°С and left aside for 10––15 minutes for cooling and for an excess of oil to drain.
5. Preservation lubricant shall be compulsory protected by paraffin paper; besides, if the surfaces are large they shall be preliminary covered by condenser paper. Medium-sized parts shall be wrapped into paraffin paper; several small ones with the weight of less than 0.5 kg may be put in one package. Tiny parts with the weight of less than 10 g shall be preliminary wrapped in condenser paper. On the large spare parts the paper shall be fastened by pack-thread, by scotch tape, etc.
6. The packages specified in the cl.5 above shall be put into a polyethylene bag not less than 0.15 mm thick. The bag shall also contain a tag identifying the part (its item number under the contract and /or under the drawing) and specifying quantity of the parts in the bag. The part number shall be the same as the one specified in the packing list. Extra air shall be squeezed out of the bag and the bag throat shall be hermetically welded.
Greased and covered by paper sections of large spare parts and assemblies shall be covered by polyethylene film pouch of not less than 0.15 mm thick that shall be fastened by pack-thread and /or by scotch tape. If necessary, the huge assembly shall be in addition totally inserted into a cover that shall make a common envelope shared by all contents of the box; however hermetical welding of this envelope shall be separately agreed upon.
As may be extra agreed upon the spare parts without precision surfaces that have no protection prior to preservation shall not be inserted into a film or plastic bag, but shall be wrapped into corrugated bituminized paper or into two-ply waterproof paper.
18/18 Pokrovka Str., build. 1
telephone: +7(495) 623 99 26
fax: +7(495) 623 83 64
OFFICE IN THE REPUBLIC OF CUBA:
11300, Cuba, La Habana,Playa, Centro de Negocios Miramar, Edificio Jerusalen, Oficina 210
Тел: + (537) 204 05 02; + (537) 204 05 36